deColourant® offers you a new way add design details to your natural fabrics and papers. deColourant® does not change your fabric or papers in any way—it works exclusively on the color dyes, removing those dyes and revealing the true beauty underneath. deColourant® not only removes the dyes, it also replaces them with your color choice in a one-step, non-messy process.
Have you ever tried using discharge pastes to remove the color from fabric? If so, you know how messy and smelly the process is, and you know that you can never get really good results. deColourant® and deColourant® Plus changes all that. Great precision, fantastic fine line detail, all in an easy to use citrus scented creme.
- What is deColourant®?
- deColourant® is a ready to use white creme. Use deColourant® to remove the color from dyed natural fabrics, such as cotton, silk, wool, or linen. deColourant® also works on many papers. It will remove the dyed color and leave the natural undyed color of the item. We strongly recommend that before you begin any project you test a scrap first.
- What is deColourant® Plus?
- deColourant® Plus acts the same way as deColourant®, but in one step it removes the color (like deColourant®) and adds new color to replace the removed color. deColourant® Plus is available in about 60 colors.
- How Does deColourant® Work?
- deColourant® is activated by heat. Nothing happens until you heat the creme. Apply the design you want. If you do not like it, remove it! You won't damage or change your work materials. When you have the design as you want it, apply heat to the deColourant®. The more heat, the more color is removed. You can use a household iron, a heat gun, or even the sun! When your design is done, simply wash out any remaining deColourant® and no more color will be removed.
- Can deColourant® damage my clothes?
- On fabrics, it does not change the "hand" of the fabric. Your finished design is as supple as the original fabric. Designs made with deColourant® can safely be washed, ironed, or more with no further effects.
- How is it packaged?
- deColourant® is available in 2.5oz bottles